Spring Hockey

The Sabres will be offering a Elite Spring Hockey that has a MANDATORY tryout on March 8, 2020 from 7:30am-9:30am. Each age group 8U-16U will have 1/2 ice practice slot.

Ages

7-16

When

Sunday Mornings from March - May

Where

Capital Clubhouse in Waldorf, MD

Practices

1 per week

Games

There are no games, simply 3 tournaments for each team to participate in.

Sabres Elite 2020

Welcome to the inaugural season for Sabres Elite 2020

The Sabres Elite program is for those players/goalies that are 100% dedicated in becoming better players and develop for the next upcoming season 2020-2021.

As a reminder, a player that is to move up based on age for the 2020-2021 season (i.e. currently 8 years old, 10 years old, 12 years old, etc. and their birthday is before 12/31/2020) will be required to play the next age group for the Spring Hockey Season.  

The players current USA Hockey number will be acceptable for the Spring Hockey Season as this number is good until August 2020.

There will be the following teams (with coach) available to tryout for:

8U Half-Ice (2012) - Vlad Bortchevsky

8U Half-Ice (2013-2014) - Bryan Espeschade

10U (2010-2011) - Jon Darnes

12U ( 2008-2009) - Pete Birmingham

14U (2006-2007) - Mark Kauffman

16U (2004-2005) - Derek Murphy

Please note that tryouts are MANDATORY (March 8, 2020) to make the team and the following will be the requirements to attend tryouts:

During registration, a 25% down payment is required to tryout.  If the player makes the team, the remaining 75% is required within 48 hours of notification from the coach.  If the player does not make the team, the initial down payment will be refunded to.  For those that pay the down payment and do not show up for tryouts forfeit their amount paid, unless an emergency situation has occurred and the board of directors approves the refund.

The following fees are for each respective age group:

8U - $330 for player ($83 due at registration)

10U - $415 for player ($104 due at registration)

10U - $200 for goalie ($50 due at registration)

12U - $425 for player ($107 due at registration)

12U - $210 for goalie ($53 due at registration)

14U - $450 for player ($113 due at registration)

14U - $225 for goalie ($57 due at registration)

16U - $465 for player ($116 due at registration)

16U - $230 for goalie ($58 due at registration)

Tryout time slots will be provided to everyone after registration is complete.  Tryouts will be held on Sunday March 8, 2020 between 7:30am-9:30am.

The tentative schedule is as follows as the tournament dates are NOT finalized at this time, these dates may shift based on tournament availability and dates:

Practice Dates are:

3/15/2020, 3/22/2020, 3/29/2020, 4/5/2020, 4/12/2020, 5/3/2020, 5/10/2020

There will be THREE (3) Tournaments that are included in the fees, 2 will be local (daily drive distance) and 1 will be travel and most likely Memorial Day Weekend (i.e. Pittsburgh, etc.).  As for the tournaments the plan is to try and get the entire club to be at each tournament, but there are times that Mites have different dates than the rest.

Register